This process is to fit-out the interior of the apartment units in Revit from a TestFit building
Setup: Make sure you have gone through the steps to setup Dynamo Player and the correct Dynamo Packages.
Note: This process is best to do after running the TestFit Building to Revit script.
- Create the typical units in Revit as model groups. Add all elements except the exterior walls, demising walls, and exterior/corridor doors to the model group. Rename the model groups to match the names of the units in TestFit.
- Move the origin of the model group to the bottom left corner of the two walls. Place it along the centerline of both walls. For inside corner units, place the origin where the two walls would intersect
- In order for the script to run properly, a background image (can be anything, a floor plan, a logo, a picture of your dog, a funny meme) must be placed in the TestFit unit types. (We understand this is not ideal and are looking into a way to not require this step.) Make sure to save the .RSD file before starting the script.
- Run the script in Dynamo Player
- Select the .RSD file of the TestFit Building you want to use
- Select the model groups you would like to include in the building
- Press Create Building From RSD and Typical Units button. This process could take anywhere from 30 seconds to 20 minutes depending on the number of families in your model groups and the number of hosted elements. It will take all the model groups, match them to their corresponding unit type in TestFit, place them on the appropriate level, and rotate the group to match the TestFit layout. If you would like to make any changes to all the unit types, simply edit the Main unit model group and the changes will occur to the rest of the unit types. (We know model groups aren't always ideal once Revit models get larger so we are also looking into using referenced Revit projects in place of the model groups.)