How the TestFit GUI is organized
About TestFit | lists the current version and links users to documentation, release logs, EULA agreement, open source licenses, & contact us.
Preferences | launches a window with the following enable/disable toggle
- Trackpad Mode - when enabled the right mouse click + drag will pan the model
- UI Scale - adjust the scale of the user interface
- Show default presets - populates TestFit building presets in the input panel options
- Refresh Interval (ms) : zero enables vsync. Nonzero sets the target frame time.
- Use light theme - TestFit background color will be white
- Debug Logging - enables TestFit to create log files
- Show default unit databases - populates TestFit kit of parts in the unit editor
- Show default zoning profile - shows some example databases from Austin Texas
- Show default deal models - populates TestFit deal models
- Cast Shadows - utilize TestFit shadow studies
- Low detail model - shows a basic massing model instead of a "detailed" massing model
- Colors in scene - model components will be shaded the same as in 2D
- Measurement - Imperial or Metric
- Balcony counts as nrsf - includes the balcony in the nrsf tabulation
- Large sites - allows users to solve larger sites
- Embed Images - embed images into the TestFit file. (Will increase file size)
- Sound Effects - enables sound effects for TestFit.
File tab | Open, Open Recent, Save, Save As, & Reset
- Open - opens a TestFit .rsd file
- Open Recent - opens a recent .rsd file
- Save file - saves the current file
- Save As - Launches box to save the following file types
- Reset - resets the workspace to default values. This will clear all sites plans & schemes.
Edit | undo & redo
Undo - undo action (ctrl+z)
Redo- redo action (ctrl+y)
Submit Feedback - launches a window that will allow users to send our team a message with attached testfit .rsd file.
Knowledge Base - Takes you to the TestFit knowledge base website.