Use Fill-Regions to create solves with varying drive aisle widths.
If you require a solve with varying drive aisles (or alleyways between buildings) follow the steps below.
Create a new Preset
Begin by defining a new preset that has the required drive aisle width, turn aisle radius, row min/max, etc.
- On a temporary site (Site A) apply the default townhome preset.
- Remove the Access & Retention layers.
- Adjust the drive aisle width/turn radius.
- Define the row min/max values (and any other desired modifications).
- Create a preset. This preset will be applied to your working site.
Modifying your Working Site
With your preset created, move to your working site (Site B) and follow these steps:
- Select the layer/region that you need to have varying road widths on.
- Right click and click the Add Fill Region command.
- The individual areas will highlight as you mouse over them. Select the desired area.
- Select the previously created preset and click confirm.
- Duplicate the newly added free region by right clicking on it in Canvas or in the Nav-Tree.
- The duplicated region will be on-top of the fill region that was created first so click and drag it to the correct location.
- Repeat this process as necessary.
- Make modifications to each fill region on an individual basis as needed.
Take a look at the dedicated Fill-Region Knowledge Base Article for more information