The configurator panel lets users select building presets, select unit databases, adjust the mix, unit average and parking as well as custom define units with the editor.
- Presets - intended for users to save sets of parameters from the building input panel, rather than needing to manually adjust building options individually every time a new site is test-fitted
- Database - includes the different units/ kit of parts that ships with TestFit
- Weight - sets the target weight of this unit category
- Unit average - sets the target unit average size for the unit category
- Parking ratio - sets the target parking demand (in stalls) per unit in this category
- S - Studio category consists of units with no bedrooms and one living space
- A - One Bedroom Category – consists of units with one bedroom and one living space
- B - Two Bedroom Category – Consists of units with two bedrooms and one living space
- C - Three Bedroom Category – Consists of units with three bedrooms and one living space
- % button - converts weight to percentages
- Prefer weight ... average - tell TestFit whether to prioritize hitting the unit mix or the unit average
- Dynamic - a global setting for generating units dynamically, rather than having TestFit solve with a static kit of parts or “database”, it will generate units around the right size as defined by the unit average
- Dynamic Off - a global setting for not generating any units and solving the building without units. To enable this click “dynamic” twice
- Define - quickly update unit names, bathrooms, bedrooms & unit color for dynamic units
(User defined presets will have a tick mark in the corner)
How to select a building preset:
Left click one of the pre-loaded or user defined building presets.
How to get to the lower density configurator:
How to select a unit database:
Left click one of the pre-loaded or user defined unit databases
How to swap between units, modules and hotel building types:
Use the drop down to change the type.
How to adjust the percentage of each unit being used:
Select the unit and enter in the new percentage for that unit.
(can also use + or - button for adjustments)
How to adjust the unit average:
Select the unit and enter in the new unit average.
This can be updated to individual units or as a total for all units at the bottom.
How to adjust the parking ratio:
Select the unit and enter in the parking ratio
Where to find the unit editor:
Select the editor button above the unit databases
How to use the prefer weight / average bar:
Left click and drag the bar left/right.
How to expand the dynamic unit bar:
Left click the + icon to expand menu.
How to enable dynamic end caps:
You will get a small efficiency bonus